Thursday, December 31, 2009

Avatar


Okay, let me just say for Dad, I loved this movie. Kristi and I went and saw Avatar in 3D and it rocked my socks off. I have never seen a movie so beautifully constructed. My mouth was open and drooling through most of the film. By the end of the movie I was pretty much convinced that the planet Pandora really existed, floating mountains and all.

The story follows a paralyzed marine who gets to be involved in a science team who are trying to build relations with the native people on a planet rich with some made up mineral we want to harvest. The native people act and sound a lot like the Native Americans too? hmmm...Yeah, I will admit I felt like I was being preached at for a while. The villains are a corrupt corporate tycoon and the evil conqueror military captain guy. Also, we have a shout out to environmental destruction of earth. Refreshingly, the preachiness wasn't focused on global warming. The message of the film is more about the fact that the human race has lost it's connection with the earth. We don't respect the planet and we take whatever we want. The film feels a lot like "Dances with Wolves" or something like that.

1 comment:

  1. Unobtainium. That was weird. I read somewhere that that was a lift from another film.

    ReplyDelete

Followers